The Volvo 60: Bou Dragon
VO60 class were created in early 1990’s at the famous Bruce Farr’s studio with a clear idea: to combine speed and durability without making compromises, in other words to make a light but firm boat that would measure up to any ordeals one might come across during the most famous and the most difficult regatta in the world – the Volvo Ocean Race. These highly sophisticated sailing machines weigh only 13.5 tons, with a draft of almost 4 meters, sail surface area of 417m2 and a water ballast of 2.5 tons, achieving speeds of over 30 knots, and truly representing the sea equivalent to Formula 1.
- Main kevlar Carbon, 3 reefs, Taffeta
- Genoa kevlar carbon
- Genoa kevlar carbon, single taffeta
- Jib Heavy, double taffetta,
- Jibtop fractional, kevlar carbon
- Running Staysail
- Reaching Staysail
- Code zero
- A1 -A7 spinakers.
- Brookes & Gatehouse sailinstruments 790 series with Sailmate WPT set with 5 x 20/20 maxi-displays incl. 4 x cockpit displays
- log, echosounder, windset, Philips MK10 DGPS, VHF, radar, electric barometer.
- New Epirb 2013
- GPS Furuno 2011, SB receiver Furuno 2011, LCD screen+ PC 2011, AIS sender+receiver 2013